12.20.2010

Careful what you pray for

Someday I know that Brian will be in a youth pastor position, and I will be... The youth pastor's wife.
Qualities of a youth pastors wife -according to moi:
-
Hot (duh)
- knows how to handle teenagers
-can organize events really well
- thinks of things her brilliant YP husband didn't
-can decorate for a party
-rocks at making cookies

---- ok so there are a lot more CHARACTER qualities obviously, but I figured I'd just put those ones down, the others are pretty standard.

So I started praying that God would prepare my heart for full time ministry and the woman I would have to become to thrive (and survive) in that position.

God answers prayer.
God answers prayer not the way I want him to.
..... But isn't that God?

Since I've started praying this prayer, he's definitely brought somethings to my attention that need to be fixed before I leave the bubble of this campus. Thankfully I'm learning now and not later.

However, he's also put situations and people into my life that I know I will encounter in the future.

I spent the better part of the weekend giving the stink eye to God saying, okay this isn't exactly what I had in mind, but teach me anyway cuz you know what you're doing.

I know that I will have to deal with people that will criticize my every move, however pure their intentions might be, I know I will have to pick up the responsibility of others, I know I'll have to deal with kids I probably don't like. I know that Brian and I will be at church more hours then we wish for. And a whole lot of othere things.

But you know what, we are a team, all 3 of us are a team. (No I'm not talking about a baby in my stomach I'm talking about Jesus). And all 3 of us are going to get through everything. I have no regrets about where God has put me to lead, but I do know that I'll have to grow up in the mean time.

God is teaching my how to respond, with grace and maturity and not using my 21 year old mouth to respond in situations. Yep, a lot of times that means keeping my mouth shut. But hey, If I can learn this now, it means I wont screw up a job for brian... or myself.


thats what i'm learning,
thats all for now
-j

2 comments:

  1. It's all about the process of growth! I'm so thrilled at all the prospects that are going on right now!

    And, yes, church will definitely dictate your life at times. Hence why I ended up proposing to Laura in the corner of a small Starbucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. "God answers prayer. God answers prayer not the way I want him to."

    Ugh, AMEN.
    I really struggle sometimes (most of the time) to be patient and let things happen the way He intended them to.

    ReplyDelete