2.03.2012

Martha, Eat Your Heart Out

Or,  "Martha, Eatchor heart out" is how it sounds in my head. 

A couple weeks ago my father-in-law had his birthday. The family came over to our house. So I decided to make a cake. 

I made a Chocolate Cake with a peanut-butter buttercream frosting. YUMMY! 

Apparently this is a new thing? I've met a few people who haven't heard of that combo before...They've apparently never been to Governors.

 It's a Maine thing. 

Ok. SO I made my cake. And I had a little help from my friend Betty Crocker. Let it cool. Blah blah blah. You know the drill. 

Then I made some buttercream frosting. I had never actually made buttercream before. I know. Fail. But it's ok. 

I went to Cookies and Cups and got tips and the recipe on how to make it. 

Ok so after I got the cake on the plate and started to frost, I realized there was a gap in between the cake and the plate. Well what do cake people do. They pipe around the bottom.  

So I pulled out a plastic bag. I couldn't Justify getting out a piping bag just for that little bit, hence the plastic bag. Now, a lot of people don't know this trick. Or they do, and I'm just the only fool. In order to get frosting into the bag with out making a mess, you fold it over a glass. Like so:

I just grabbed my little scooper and scooped some frosting into the bag. Then you close the bag up and snip off the end. 

Note: I didn't use it all, so I froze the rest of it. 

Then, I just frosted the rest. And this is what it looked like... Mmm makes me want another one.



Oh. And I melted some chocolate chips (and crisco) and just took my fork and shook it over the cake. Voila! Sugar comma happiness. 

Enjoy!

Thats all for now.
-j


No comments:

Post a Comment