11.29.2010

Oh Christmas Tree





Brian and I are part of a leadership team at our church. We help lead the youth group on a weekly basis. Last night however, was a break.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the youth and I love serving. But having last night off was a blessing. He and I were able to relax and do some homework also I was able to decorate.
:)Me and my crafty self love decorating. If I could have found a way to save my miniature pumpkins from fall I would have. But I just couldn't think of anything.



So Saturday and Sunday night we decorated. He didn't want to at first but he finally gave it. We put up our little tree that my parents bought us. And I made a good amount of
home made ornaments. They are almost like Cinnamon cookies.

Well anyways, I thought I'd share what my wife self is doing to get ready for the Holidays. My goal is to be all decorated by the time cookie palooza comes around this weekend.


FINISHED:CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT RECIPE:
1 cup applesauce
1 ½ cups cinnamon (6 oz)
1/3 cup nontoxic glue
mix all ingredients together form a ball and refrigerate for at least 30 min.
sprinkle a little cinnamon on a large cutting board and roll out dough to ¼ in. thickness.
Place on a rack or flat surface to dry. Turn a couple of times a day. Takes about 2 days
to dry.

So excited for christmas. And each and every day I add something new. You should try the ornaments they are awesome! Only be wear I inhaled so much Cinnamon it made me sick :S.

thats all for now
-j

1 comment: