8.15.2011

From a Box to a Mansion

B and I right now are house sitting for a friend. And I can't lie, I'm a little over whelmed.

For those of you who dont know, we live currently in a box. I'm really not being dramatic (shocker). Our apartment is about the size of most people's living rooms and it really is just one room. Our Sink, T.V. Bed and Stove are all in the same room.

Needless to say, I never get away from Brian. And, He never gets away from me.

Right now we are staying in a 4 room 2 and 1/2 bath house. Saying it's a mansion would be dramatizing it, however it is just that compared to what we are use to. From my bed at this house, I am unable to read the clock on the stove... You laugh... but it's true. If I'm mad I can slam a door if I want, because there are doors to slam (haven't actually done it yet tho).

However, I can't lie. I kinda miss my box house. I like seeing brian. If I want to lay in bed and he wants to play on the PS3, we are a whole floor apart! I don't even know what to do with myself. Not to mention the cleaning. However due to the amount of space our messes do look smaller than they do in our box house. Also, theres something to be said about the small space and how quickly it makes you work things out. In the box house, you can't just walk away from the argument, where ya gonna go? The corner of the room?

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to move into a house. But I think I do like the coziness of our little Box house.

Anyway, I guess the point of this was just to rant. I'm not sure what I'll do with all the new space when we move. But for the next 3-4 months I will be thankful that I can make dinner and take a nap all in the same room.

thats all for now
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment