8.13.2011

Maine girl - Meat = death

For the last 13 days Brian and I haven't eaten meat. We are doing this for the whole month of August. It's been interesting.

Growing up the only kind of meal I knew was meat and potatoes. Thats really all we dad every night. If I was lucky my mum wouldn't feel like cooking and then it would either be pasta or tacos. Now, I've grown out of that cooking style. But still, what kind of meal is it if you dont have some type of meat. ... Like I said the past 14 days have been interesting. Unfortunately there have been a few repeat meals. And surprisingly we've only had maybe two salads.

Anyway the whole point of this post is to brag at my cooking skills .. well maybe not skills but rather guts at trying new things.

Yesterday for lunch Brian and I made this sandwich. And it was awesome! Yeah, it would have been more awesome with some chicken in there. But it was still good. You have to check it out. Even if to just be impressed that a all veggie sandwich could be that good.

Also: just a tip i left out the squash. because i dont believe in eating things that are named squash... because really if thats what you're putting in your body, what is it going to be called when it comes out... just at thought
thats all for now
-j




No comments:

Post a Comment