10.14.2011

whoopie pies take 2

Ok, So I tried Making whoopie pies again. and this is what they look like

YUMMY

As soon as they started baking my whole house smelled like pumpkin.
Now for those of you who actually read this, you know that last time I TRIED to make Chocolate whoopie pies with orange food coloring. This time I just ended up making Pumpkin Spice ones.

They are pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Cream Cheese Frosting.


HOLLA!

Here is were I got the recipe

I did however change it up a bit.
For the Cake part: Instead of Ginger I added pumpkin spice, and a little bit of nutmeg. I probably could have used more nutmeg and maybe a little bit of all spice. They are Spicy but not enough to be like, "OMGSH These are SO good" Just. "Oh, these are good" But I also like spicy things.

(Hence me wishing I was hispanic.)

ALSO.
For the Icing, I cut back on the butter and added more cream cheese. I added a little bit of milk in the beginning I mean like 1/4 tsp. and The icing came out running. It's different consistency than regular whoopie icing. But I guess thats ok because it's cream cheese frosting. I also added more sugar than it called for. Dont judge me.

Lastly I piped leaves and vines and use pits of pretzel for the stem. SO cute.

For those of you who are familiar with REAL whoopie pies. These are a little different, (mainly because of the cream cheese frosting) They are more like a pumpkin muffin sandwich with icing.

Now.... This is what's left. Would you believe me if I told you I did dishes in between baking and icing?

Happy Friday
Thats all for now
-j

No comments:

Post a Comment