1.10.2011

Our First pt 2. "In Sickness and In Health"

Brian and I had our first....

Real sickness.

We said the traditional wedding vows at our wedding. You know the ones that say "In sickness and in health" I can't remember what comes before that. I just remember saying that part.

I take back what I said.

Not because I don't intend to love Brian through those times, but because I believe those words don't even begin to cover what I really intend to do. Our vows should be changed to, I promise to hold your hair when you have your face stuck in a toilet, or wash your clothes after your fever has broken. I promise to get you a glass of water to rinse out your mouth, and to not get grossed out when I hear awful sounds coming from the bath room. Or to put up with your moody self because you're not feeling well. THAT'S what the vows should read. Just because I think a lot of NEW couples don't really know what they are getting into when they say " in sickness or in health"

In the course of our two week Christmas vacation, Brian and I both got a sinus infection and a nasty flu bug. So we spent the end of last week on the couch looking pitiful. I thought I was on top of my game because he got sick first and I was waiting on him getting him anything I could. By that night, I had it too. I was laying in bed when it hit and as I'm running to the bathroom I hear him say "I'll hold your hair!!". So sweet. He didn't tho, I have a "Don't touch me when I'm throwing up" policy. But I fully believe he would have.

So that was my wife life last weekend, pitifully lying in my In-laws house with the flu, with my husband on the couch next to me. Such an interesting life I hold. This Christmas will forever be remember.

"Hey Hunny remember our first Christmas when we thought we were going to die?"

Thats all for now
-j

Oh and P.s. The part about being moody, I was the moody one, just wanted to clarify.

No comments:

Post a Comment