4.04.2011

I've been caught in a Crossfire

It's been almost four years since I moved to Maryland. Upon moving I knew that I needed to find a church so a few friends started traveling around the area and 'church hopping'. We hopped to a place called Belcroft.

Belcroft has been my second family since the fall of 2007.
This last Sunday, Brian and I said goodbye.

If I was to list all of the things that I learned because of the people at belcroft it'd take a while... but lets do a few of them just for funsies.

I learned:
-How to be a leader
-The ability to discern the difference between good and bad preachers (schuppe is amazing)
-Sardines with 15 year olds= bad idea. with 12 year olds= good idea.
-That I could teach kids
-That I could play guitar
-That I could (try) and lead worship
-what a Godly marriage looked like (i've learned this other places to tho)
-the importances of a church community
-that I love beth moore

So many people in that small community have touched my life and have shown me things they probably didn't think they did. I wish I had pictures of all of them, but I don't. So many people came along side me and helped put my feet on sturdy ground.They taught me so much and made me into the person I am. They equipped me for this new journey that B, and I are about to embark in.

Two people of all did this the most. They were with me in the beginning and they said goodbye to me when I left. They were with me in the really hard times, and god to be apart of the really good times. I will never forget what a blessing they were, and in ways they don't even know.

Below are pictures of people two helped in a different way. These are (SOME) of the youth kids that I've come in contact with in the last four years. They have changed and grown since these pictures. I will miss them and for the ones who have already grown up, I do miss them. But thats what this ministry is all about; trying to make the biggest impact with no time in the hardest years of life. To God be the Glory if anything good has come out of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment