8.11.2012

being willingly tortured.

I swear lock-ins are a form of punishment for youth leaders. I have NO idea why we plan one every year. Well I do, and it's because my husband seems to forget that 5a.m. feeling of a kid who wont stop complaining and having to stay 2 hours after it ends to clean up.

Never the less.

We have lock-ins.

In fact every year he says "we're not doing this again". And every summer he goes, "we need to plan a lock in".............imagine my excitement.

This year I didn't have to stay the whole time. we had interns and other adult leaders that helped out which was awesome. so I left about 11 and came back at 7:30 to greet parents and help clean up.

I talked to some of the leaders and they said the night was pretty uneventful. We didn't have to send anybody home, although we all agreed we should have sent at least one home. Usually it's a middle schooler, they get away from their parents and suddenly lose everything they've been taught.

Anyway, It's 2:30 and Brian is still sleeping. He got home and in bed probably about 10:30. He'll be up within the next hour and a half I think.

Over all, I think the lock in was a success. Despite the groan from the middle school boys who they sent to bed for a couple of hours. Everybody was safe. Nobody caused major problems. We had an evangelist come and talk to the kids and an awesome time of worship. Learned what to do, and what not to do for next year. And  We probably had around 50 kids when all was said and done.

I wish I had pictures to show you. But I wasn't the one taking the pictures, so no such luck.

Thats all for now
-j & little boo

No comments:

Post a Comment