8.02.2012

The Poo Storm of 2012

I realized that in the craziness of the storm I forgot to write about this. Now, a lot of you know. But I thought I'd post it anyway....

That and I have to wait for the copier guy to come before I can do anything at work.

So. The Poo Storm. -- If you get sick easily, you probably don't want to read this.

The second week in may my whole family (7 people) planned to come to maryland for my Graduation/Birthday. The house is big enough so everybody was allowed to have their own room.

Tuesday night, the night before my parents flew into town the toilet is plugged.

I mean. It's plugged. I mean. The water in the shower was rising and we could hear it gurgling when we plunged the toilet.

How does one person have THAT big of a doo doo.
Well, we couldn't do anything about it. Mark was going to stay home from work and Him and B were going to rent a snake in the morning....

*MORNING*

B gets the snake. They start snaking. Mark has the brilliant idea to take off toilet from the ground.........................................................................................


at this point I was running around trying to gather everything to go to the airport...... when I hear a

"GET A TOWEL"...... "GET ALL THE TOWELS"

. Panic. Shear Panic.

After grabbing all the towels and handing them to B, I start seeing water..... Oozing out of the hole in the floor where my toilet once sat.

"JUST LEAVE, GO GET YOUR PARENTS"


...................................................

After I have my parents in the car with me and I am driving back to the house. Brian calls.

"Why dont you take you're parents out for lunch, try not to come back.... You dont want to come back.... Its really bad"

The saga continues with lots of tears and not going to get lunch but stopping by the house. Followed by more tears and gags when we opened the front door to which the hole house smelled like.... YOU GUESSED IT> POOP!!!

Well what had happened was.

The City sewer backed up. For the whole neighborhood. Every toilet on our street was plugged. The man holes, were up to the top with sewer water.

We and when I say we I mean Brian and Mark, released the pressure for our street. So ralph's poop, Scotts poop, Christina's lettuce from the compacter ended up in our basement.

Please understand when I say our basement I dont mean the unfinished part of the house you dont go. I mean our bed is 6 feet away from the bathroom door.


Sewer had completely covered the basement floor. We lost some furniture, all of our bedding, some clothes. It seeped into the back room where all of my craft supplies were.

People in Hazmat suits came and carried away my belongings as I'm eating dinner that night.

It's been two months. They came, cleaned, deodorized, decontaminated, cut out carpet, drywall, took away all my things, painted, laid floor, carpet....

And this week we finally slept down stairs.


At least it was just our house and not the whole neighborhood otherwise I wouldn't be living down there yet.


So thats it. It wasn't funny then, not matter how many jokes my brothers tried to play. All though I have to say if my family hadn't have been here I would have fallen apart more than I did. It's kind of funny now.

Although every time I poop I cross my fingers and say a prayer...

Thats all for now
-j & little boo

No comments:

Post a Comment