1.05.2012

pomp and circumstance and party

ok everyone, i have a question. And I need some feed back.

In May both Brian and I will be  walking for graduation. I will be turning 23 and my outta town bestie will be walking with us at graduation as well.....

What do people do for college graduations?

My friend mary had a party, and invited our professors and I gotta tell you, it was fun. We sat around the table and swapped stories and remember whens and gained last bits of wisdom from our profs.

So again I ask...

What do people do for College graduations?

What the norm?

I will make any excuse to throw a party. I love hosting and theres nothing more then having every one you love in once place at one time.

Do people throw parties? Is it just a word of mouth? Is it a formal thing? Am I allowed to do whatever the heck I want because it's my party? Is it silly to go all out?

Let me know you're thoughts, I'd be interested to know. Ok thats all for now.

-j

2 comments:

  1. I had a small graduation party with friends and family. Did the invites, the cake, all that. I think I put on the invite that gifts weren't necessary, just to come for the celebration. I don't think it'd be silly to go all out -- it's a monumental achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what i know and what i've heard/seen, is that after graduation, a lot of graduates and their familia's like to do something small, a lunch or something like that. but graduation parties are definitely a fun thing and pretty sweet for the graduate (read here: monetary gifts!!!). if possible, its probably better to not have the party on the same day as the graduation becuase it will be a hectic day as it is.

    those are just my seven cents though. (most people give 2 cents, but my wisdom is worth more)

    ReplyDelete